Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Self-Visualization




For my self-visualization, I want to break up my face into four quadrants. In each quadrant, I plan to portray a different emotion. For the two quadrants that show my eyes, I am going to show sadness and surprised. For the other two quadrants that show my mouth, I am going to show anger and happiness. The colors in each separate piece will all be different, but they will relate to each other in ways that tie them together in the composition as a whole. I want to show these four different emotions because I believe they are four prominent emotions in everyone’s life that everyone will be able to relate to. Just by looking at these four images, the viewer may be reminded of things in his or her own life that triggers the emotions. Each canvas is 20 inches by 20 inches and I chose to hang them in a horizontal line because I did not want the four images to be looked at as a whole, but as individual emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment